Wednesday 22 April 2009

Shakespeare's Stage Secrets

#1: Recite a monologue at the Globe


...Standing onstage where countless Macbeths, Hamlets and Pucks had stood before might be achievement enough, but I got it into my silly little American head that I should try and weasel a performance out of the experience.
Riding on the tube heading towards the South Bank, I clutch the small piece of paper with my hurriedly scrawled out monologue, reciting the words over and over- no doubt looking like a slightly deranged young woman speaking to herself in Olde English- before arriving at my destination...



To read the full column, turn to page 21 at this link: http://www.totallyjewish.com/the_jewish_news/view/c-11610/jewish-news-jn-581-170409/?no_login=1

3 comments:

  1. I'm still searching meaninglessly for the "Like" button

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there was such a thing! I appreciate the written 'like' though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you broke out into a Disney song! Ha ha!

    You look great...I'll keep following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete