Thursday 7 May 2009

Facebook, Twitter and Blogs, Oh My!

A recuperating editor saw a hectic schedule this week, and today's issue has no new Erica from America. I did however fill in for Zeddy's weekly column, as he heals at home...

...“It’s called Twitter, and you could use it to let people know when you’ve updated your posts.”
Twitter?! Now this I knew to truly be an evil, soul-killing website. My three flatmates had become virtual slaves to the thing of late, posting messages all day every day, be we walking through Hyde Park or eating some Tex-Mex in Leicester Square. I refused to be taken down by this cyber zombie!
An hour later, Rebecca had my Twitter account up and running. She asked me what I would like my first post to be, and when I told her to type in “I hate Twitter”, she promptly took up the duty of writing my messages for me.
How had this happened? I now find myself uploading silly photos to my blog, decorating my Twitter page with purple glitter stars and taking incessant Facebook quizzes like ‘Which Steel Magnolias Character Are You?’...

To read the full column turn to page 16 at this link: http://www.totallyjewish.com/the_jewish_news/view/c-11750/jewish-news-jn-584-70509/?no_login=1

2 comments:

  1. Calling yourself to get your messages was great, but no where near as hilarious is the text messages with random letters. They are the stuff of legend. "Dumbledore is gay! You have no idea how long it took me to type this. xftthjso"

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete