Thursday 11 June 2009

Bee-coming a Footballer

No 11: Become a pro-footballer

...Mr Bumble’s star status warrants him his own dressing room, a small corner in the stock area of the club’s merchandise trailer, and this is where I find my subject one sunny Saturday, stripped to his shorts and waving hello.
It’s not exactly a locker room full of half dressed football players, but it’s certainly an unusual situation.
Notepad in hand, I’m doing my best impression of a professional journalist about to interview a half naked bumble bee, spouting of technical questions about method, strategy and form, and ask the Bee Man if he has any pre-match rituals to prepare himself for a game.
“Well, I always like to meet up with me mates at the pub before a game. Get a few pints in then I’m ready to go!”
I like this guy already...

To read the full column follow this link and turn to page 18: http://www.totallyjewish.com/the_jewish_news/view/c-11945/jewish-news-jn-589-110609/?no_login=1

No comments:

Post a Comment