Monday 8 June 2009

Brrr...It's Cold In Here

I awoke last Saturday to a frightening phenomenon. It is cold again in London. One week of temperatures hitting the 70s (enough to make all the Brits slather on sunscreen and fan themselves in the Tube) and we've reverted back to winter, sloughing through 40 degree temperature. I actually had to put the heater on.
In an ode to this whacky English weather, I'm posting some pics of my favorite winter moments from the past season. November through February were some of the most painful months of my life, but I lived (barely), and here is my triumphant story of ice, slush and hail:

Our first snow here was October 28. Yes, October. This does not make me confident for my chances of a snow-less June.











Unaware of how flippin brutal the cold would get, us Florida girls were pretty excited the first time the snow happened. We were so thrilled, our glasses fell off.
Becky and I had a snow fight...
It got dirty.
Snow angels in our 'garden.'
Time to make a Frosty!
Becky seemed upset I destroyed the angels for this. Ah well, all in the name of art.
Ta da! He had Coke caps for eyes!
Coke Man got a friend.
Michelle Kwan I am not, but I sure can point at stuff!
If you look in the far right bottom corner, there is a tiny snow caterpillar that I made. I'm told Martha Stewart makes them all the time, except she uses a melon baller for hers.



6 comments:

  1. but i sure can point at stuff.... LOL... good one...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds very familiar...
    it was in the 30s the other night here in Chicago - this weekend, we're supposed to hit 80.
    I guess we're used to the quick rain to sun transition from Florida, but this quick summer to winter transition is still very new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha "We were so thrilled our glasses fell off". so true! & I forgot about the gross red glove you picked up during the snow fight! I miss you, London and the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was I during all the snow fun? Where was I?! Who do you think took most of those photos? But here's your links. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYfYTHICbs0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cJwYWlSUs

    ReplyDelete
  5. And please post photos of the art we did in the park that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, the park art is for a section on warm days, duh!

    ReplyDelete