Thursday 4 June 2009

A Figment of Speech

# 10: Rant at Speaker's Corner


...There’s a pretty gazebo-like building across from me, the Speaker’s Corner Café, doling out popsicles and lemonade in a way that feels wholly inappropriate, as I hear one woman yell “the whores of the world will perish!” I look to be the only one around who appreciates the irony- the rest of the Brits seem to regard the scene as incredibly normal.
I suppose they are used to the spectacle. Officially christened as a spot for public speaking in 1872 by the Royal Parks and Garden’s Act, the infamous corner has been host to political tirades from notable enthusiasts like Karl Marx, Lenin and George Orwell. And now, a nice Jewish girl from South Florida...




Watch videos of my speech by becoming my friend on Facebook. Just click on the button to the right of this post!





4 comments:

  1. Thanks Erica,
    Its people like yourself that will make this world a better place to live. Thanks for fighting and speaking up for Equal Rights and Marriage Equality for all. Your a special soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you would like to see it as it happened... take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czQSwGs67r8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted it on my blog. i love at the 17 second mark the person walking behind you.

    ReplyDelete