Sunday 12 July 2009

Satire with Sanrda Bernhard

Here's an interview I was able to do with comedian Sandra Bernhard a few months ago. She was very brash, and I was able to see her show in Leicester Square following our interview. ..

It seems it's not all slapstick and satire for American comedienne Sandra Bernhard, who is taking some time out this month from jokes and jests to do some Pesach preparations, ahead of a UK tour next month.
Speaking to the Jewish News this week, the 53-year-old funny woman shared her yom tov plans.
"We'll actually be at my daughter's dentist's home for first night Seder," said the legendary lesbian stand-up comic and sitcom star. "I'm not sure where we'll be for second night - we might go to our Chabad.
"Right now we're just working on getting all of the chametz out of the house, which is a big job, but I get my daughter involved and it's a lot of fun."
But it's not just at Pesach that Bernhard's big on Yiddishkeit. "I try to keep things spiritual in my house," she revealed, "but I'm not dogmatic about it. I do go to my synagogue every week to hear the Torah, and we keep Shabbat. I feel a very strong connection to Judaism, it's a big part of who I am."

To read the full story click here: http://www.totallyjewish.com/news/national/?content_id=11574

No comments:

Post a Comment